Coming to the end of day two of October Unprocessed, the difficulties of this month’s diet are becoming obvious.
First, a few words on my lifestyle and fitting unprocessed foods into it:
I’m a 23-year old print and web journalist, recently graduated from college. My meal planning will concentrate less on preparing dinners for a significant other and kids (don’t have either of those) and more on finding ways to stick to a non-processed diet that I can eat one-handed, at my desk. (or in my car)
Now, back to the post.
Day one menu
- Breakfast: Brewed coffee with honey and milk
Note: Some people aren’t drinking coffee as part of the challenge. I am not one of those people. I could technically roast my own coffee beans. Hoping to get some coffee next week that was transported to the U.S. raw and roasted locally. I know a guy. 🙂
- Lunch: Nope.
- Dinner: steak with herbed roasted potatoes
First obvious problem being that day one didn’t contain enough calories to sustain life long term. (Downer)
Day two menu
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs made with chives and cream with a latte. (Thank God for the espresso machine at home)
- Lunch: Nope again. Clearly I need to work on this.
- Dinner: Roasted chicken breast with homemade mac’n’cheese